Curriculum Integration, Curriculum Differentiation & Multiple Intelligences
This is a curriculum design workshop for (senior) teachers.
- Curriculum Conceptions & Working Definitions
- Ten Models of Curriculum Integration
- The 6 Ps of Curriculum Differentiation
- Case Study and Exercises
- Enduring Understanding and Essential Questions
- Checklist for Effective Lesson Planning
- Multiple Intelligences
- Conceptual Map for Curriculum Planning
- Development & Evaluation
- Practical Issues in Implementing SBCD
- Values Orientation in Curriculum & Assessment
- Understand what curriculum design entails
- Describe the ten models of curriculum integration
- Describe the six Ps of curriculum differentiation
- Plan a differentiated unit/lesson on a theme/topic of choice
- Understand and apply Multiple Intelligences in the design of lessons
- Acquire an enduring understanding and essential questions in curriculum design
Profile of Facilitator: Dr Ho Boon Tiong, PhD
Boon Tiong spent 21 years as an educator, including 7 years teaching
in schools, 6 years in the Gifted Education Programme of the Ministry
of Education and the last 8 years as a university professor. Recently,
he had successfully provided consultation on Curriculum Development
work to schools, the Ministry of Education and other organisations.
Schedule: Three full days or six half days
His belief in reflective practice and his passion in working with
people made him a much sought after speaker and workshop facilitator.
He is well known for his creative mind, lively humour, and enthusiasm.
Recommended class size: 20 participants